Charity Abseil Challenge Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in taking on the Abseil 2023 event at the Falkirk Wheel in aid of Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity.
In line with Big Bang Promotions' guidance, a number of restrictions apply due to the nature of this event. Please review all of the below conditions before registering.
We appreciate all of our supporters' enthusiasm for fundraising but your health is our first priority. If in doubt, don't take part.
You cannot participate if:
- You are under 11 years of age
- You are pregnant
- You are under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
If any of the following apply, seek professional medical advice before abseiling. You will be required to sign a non-standard waiver.
- High blood pressure
- Heart condition
- Dizziness or epilepsy
- Damage to neck, back, spinal column, legs or eyes
- Medication: if you are taking any form of prescribed medication, please inform us of how this may affect you
- Aged 50 years or above: we strongly advise that you seek medical advice prior to taking part
- Children aged 11 to 15 require a parent or guardian to be present. The parent must sign permission and will be required to complete a non-standard waiver.
- If you have long hair, please be prepared to tie it up and out of the way
- Glasses and hard contact lenses cannot be worn
- Maximum weight limit for a solo participant is 120kg (18.9 stone)
- Waist harnesses fit waist size of 40cm (15.7 inches) to 125cm (49.2 inches)
Have any questions? Get in touch
Tel: 0141 212 8750