Working for Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity
Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity aims to attract and retain the best possible people to work alongside our dedicated volunteers to support children and young people in hospital in the West of Scotland.
As a compassionate organisation we care about our staff and have a range of employee benefits that make Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity a great place to work.
Salary & Financial Benefits
- Salary - employee salaries are benchmarked against the Scottish charity sector
- Pension - 5% employer pension contribution
- Enhanced Maternity Pay after 2 years’ service
- Health Club Concession (via Westfield Health Plan)
- Personal Accident / Accidental Death Cover (via Westfield Health Plan)
- Personal Accident / Permanent Disability (via Westfield Health Plan)
- Personal Accident Travel for Business Insurance Cover
- Professional subscriptions
- Mileage - essential car mileage at 45p per mile, non-essential car mileage at 25p per mile
- Discounts and offers on a wide range of goods and services at over 450 high street/online retailers (via Westfield Health Plan)
We offer a number of policies to help support employees to achieve a work/ life balance:
- Staff are entitled to 10 days bank/public holidays in addition to annual leave each year
- Ability to buy 5 days additional annual leave per year
- Flexible Working policy (applications considered on an individual basis)
- A generous Sick Pay policy
- A policy to cover ‘other leave’ acknowledging when an urgent and exceptional domestic situation or personal crisis arises
- Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) provided for any additional hours worked
Flexibility to Add to or Reduce Annual leave entitlement
Buying additional annual leave
GCHC is committed to supporting employees to achieve a healthy balance between their work and personal lives and in addition to the contracted annual leave, employees may apply to purchase a maximum of five additional days of annual leave per annum, rising to eight days after three years’ service, nine days after 4 years’ service and capped at ten days after 5 years of service (all pro rata for part time employees), via a salary sacrifice arrangement. Employees wishing to do so should refer to the Buying Additional Annual leave procedure.
Reducing Annual Leave Entitlement
To offer the maximum flexibility around leave and pay, staff may elect to reduce their annual entitlement prior to 1 April and receive a commensurate increase in their annual salary. The minimum number of annual leave days’ entitlement will be 20 days. If an employee takes up this option they will require to commit doing so for one financial year and this will be reviewed each year.
Health and Wellbeing
Automatic membership to Westfield Health Plan which includes:
- 24/7 Counselling and Advice Line.
- 24/7 hour GP Telephone consultations
- Financial support with optical, dental, chiropody and therapy treatments.
- Bike2Work Scheme - As part of the Government's Green Transport Plan, we are offering you the opportunity to save up to 42% on the cost of Bicycles and/or Equipment.
- Continuous professional training (in agreement with management and relevant to role)
- Performance Management Programme throughout the year
- Recognition of talent and development of staff internally should the opportunity arise
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skillset into new areas