Chairman, Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity
Peter is a Solicitor Advocate, is married with two children and is the owner of PBW Law.
In September 2010 he was appointed as a Visiting Professor in the Law School at the University of Strathclyde. The Law School has an international reputation for academic excellence and sits within the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Professor Watson’s university education began at Strathclyde where he studied Economics and Psychology. He studied law at Edinburgh, research at the Scandinavian Maritime Law Institute at Oslo University and studied Petroleum Law at Dundee.
In recent years he has led teams involved in some of the biggest litigation claims in British legal history following major international disasters.
Among the posts he holds are:-
- Visiting Professor of Law, University of Strathclyde
- Official Collaborate, International Labour Organisation, Geneva
- Past-President of the Society of Solicitor Advocates (1997)
- Past-President of the Society of Media Lawyers
- Former Chairman, Association of Mediators
- Member of the Board of the Sports Law Centre, Anglia University
- Member of the British Association for Sport & Law
- Member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the International Bar Association
- Visiting Scholar Nova University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Honorary Citizen of Nashville, Tennessee
- Former Chairman in Scotland of the Reliance group of companies